ODSL Club Representative Quarterly Meeting
Clubs in attendanceALEX, BAC, CHAN, CCS, CULP, FPYC, FCSC, FRED, FSCI, GRFL, GSC, HERN, LFC, LOUD, MONU, NVSC, ODFC, STAF, STER, TAFC, TASC, VIST, VBSC, VYS, VSA, WRTN, WIN
Clubs not present: ABGC, ARL, ASC, BRYC, BRDW, CYA, CUGI, DCST, EPIC, ROCK, FASA, FRSA, LMVS, MCLN, PAC, PWSI, REST, SYA, SYC, WSC
Directors in attendance: Karen Klumpp (President), Wayne Gardella (Vice President), Lisa Wilson (Registrar), Tom Lewis (Girls Commissioner), Steve Kirk (Secretary), Laurie Vicente (Treasurer)
Directors not present: Dave Milne (Administrator), Greg Waldrip (Boys Commissioner)
Meeting called to order at 7:40.
Minutes from the last board meeting (13 March 2011) were presented. A motion was made to approve the minutes. Motion was seconded and minutes were approved.
Registrar: Nothing new to report tonight.
Treasurer: Nothing new to report tonight.
Boys Commissioner: Nothing new to report tonight.
Girls Commissioner: Nothing new to report tonight.
Secretary: Nothing new to report tonight.
- Dave has received a few emails about the new change of where the parents are on the sidelines. This may be reviewed again after this season with time for Club Reps to get input from their clubs.
- There are goal safety stickers in the back if you want to pick some up
· No R&D Issues to date for the first two weeks. Please thank your club coaches and ask them to continue their good behavior.
· We need teams to review the procedure for non-subjective referee complaints.
· Karen went over the referee bonus card. The number of these cards turned in has decreased. Would like to see the good referees get acknowledged if they are doing a great job.
· Dave is researching on how to have independent referee assessments. More to come later.
· Annual Meeting will be coming up June 9, 2011. The following positions are up for election: Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Wayne Gardella (Vice President) and Steve Kirk (Secretary) have stated they would re-run for their respective positions. Will need to find a new volunteer for the Treasurer position.
· Any club that has a Top Soccer Program needs to inform their chair that on July 23, 2011 there will be a Festival for Top Soccer Players called Spotsylvania Kohl’s American Cup and Top Soccer Festival. Will be held in Fredericksburg and the state is trying to make it free for the Top Soccer Players and ODSL has donated $1000 dollars. For more information they can go to the VYSA Website or contact Lisa Wilson.
The meeting was adjourned at 8:05pm.