Operating Procedures of the ODSL
A. BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The Board of Directors shall be composed of the President, the Vice President, the Secretary, the Treasurer, the Registrar and the Immediate Past President, the Boys and Girls Commissioners, and other commissioners as appointed.
B. DUTIES OF OFFICERS
1. President. The President shall conduct all meetings of the Board of Directors and all general and special meetings of the membership. The President shall represent the ODSL at the US Soccer Affiliate meetings. The President shall appoint committee chairpersons and Commissioners after taking office.
2. Vice President. The Vice President shall assume all duties of the President in the absence of the President. The Vice President may also represent ODSL at the US Soccer Affiliate meetings. The Vice President shall be Chairperson of the Rules and Discipline Committee and shall exercise such other duties as may be designated by the Board of Directors.
3. Secretary. The Secretary shall handle all correspondence, give notice of meetings and maintain the files of the League.
4. Treasurer. The Treasurer shall keep detailed accounts of the League in a suitable manner, liquidate all bills against the League, collect all debts owed to the League, and report in writing the state of finances of the League whenever required by the President or by the majority of the Board or the Membership. The Treasurer shall be Chairperson of the Budget Committee and as such, shall be responsible for the preparation of the Annual Budget and Report.
5. Registrar. The Registrar shall keep a complete record of all teams and players for the purposes of player registration, team affiliation, voting, fee assessment and insurance records. The Registrar shall establish and otherwise provide for the registration of players and teams as may be directed by the Board. The Registrar shall handle all membership applications and correspondence pursuant to same. The Registrar shall be the Chairperson of the Membership Committee.
C. The Boys and Girls Commissioner. In order to properly represent all interests in the ODSL, Commissioners shall be appointed by the Board and become members of the Board of Directors. Each Commissioner shall serve for a term of twenty four (24) months or until their successors are appointed and qualified.
Each Member shall provide a representative to the League who shall vote on behalf of the member at all membership meetings. The Member Representative shall serve until recalled by his/her parent organization. An elected Officer of the ODSL cannot serve as a Member Representative.
E. Additional Directors
The President, with the approval of the Executive Board, may appoint such other directors, assistant directors and agents as may be necessary who shall have authority to perform duties in the management of the League as the Executive Board may provide. The President shall appoint a Recording Secretary who shall prepare and keep a record of all meetings of the Board and of the Membership of the League; a referee Coordinator who shall be the interface between the League and its referees, and be the League "expert” on matters pertaining to the Laws of the Game; and a Scheduler who shall be responsible for scheduling all the games of the League.