ODSL Club Representative Quarterly Meeting
Clubs in attendance: ALEX, ARL, ASC, BFC, BAC, CFC, CHAN, CULP, EPIC, FPYC, FRED, FASA, FSCI, FRSA, GSC, HERN, LMVS, LFC, LOUD, MCLN, MONU, NVSC, PAC, PWSI, REST, SYA, SYC, TCSC, VIST, VBSC, VYS, WRTN, WIN, WBSC
Clubs not present: ABGC, BRYC, BRDW, CYA, CCS, CUGI, DCST, FCSC, ROCK, GRFL, ODFC, STAF, STER, TAFC, VSA, WSC
Officers in attendance: Karen Klumpp (President), Lisa Wilson (Registrar), Greg Waldrip (Boys Commissioner), Tom Lewis (Girls Commissioner), David Murphy (Treasurer), Dave Milne (Administrator)
Meeting called to order at 7:35 pm
Roll Call was taken, a motion was made to approve the minutes from the previous board meeting (11/10/2011). The motion was seconded and the minutes were approved.
Treasurer: Please review the statement picked up from the back of the room. Basically, we have money. If you have any questions after review, please see me.
· If a team is coming from NCSL or WAGS, please send Lisa the old team number and the new ODSL number. All passes and rosters for that team will need to be re-done once they have been moved in the YouthLeagues database.
· There will be changes in assigned league registrar for several clubs
· Please put any requests for division placement in the comments field of the application.
· There will be some re-shuffling of the divisions since there were so many new teams in the fall.
· If teams are coming from NCSL, their past history will be reviewed and they will be placed in the appropriate division.
Girls Commissioner: Girls teams coming from WAGS will be handled in the same manner as indicated by the Boys Commissioner.
· Applications are due 2/7/2012.
· Payments are due 2/14/2012. Be sure to use the fee submission form when submitting your club’s payment.
· If a team requests off the week before or after Easter for Spring Break, this needs to be placed in the application request.
· If you plan to play State Cup, please put that in the comments section. Same if you will have a lot of kids out for confirmation.
· Dave may have difficulty meeting bye requests if Saturday permits are not submitted.
· Club reps can access all the applications until 2/10/2012 to make any changes if the team has submitted it. Dave covered the process by which they can view this information.
· The first weekend of play is 3/31/2012 – 4/1/2012.
· To void an application, please call Dave.
· Dave has tried to deconflict for coaches coaching 2 ODSL teams, and also for coaches coaching ODSL/WAGS teams or ODSL/NCSL teams. Really almost impossible to do this for 3 teams. If you have a coach also coaching in another league, then contact Dave as soon as the NCSL/WAGS schedule is posted (copy and paste it into an email and send to him). This must be done quickly because there is only about 3 days between when the schedules are posted by the other leagues and ODSL.
· Field permits are due 3/1/2012. Be sure not to create a new field if it is already in the system.
Old Business: Discussion continued about the purpose and use of the club pass. Purpose is NOT to stack a team in order to win a division. Purpose is to:
a) make sure you have enough players to play a came and not have to forfeit.
b) provide a means of allowing a player to develop or determine if your team is a better fit for the player
· March pre-season meeting: 3/25/2012 at Battlefield High School
· April club representative meeting: 4/19/2012
· Discussion was held regarding the new VYSA policy of placing a player in bad standing if payment is not made in accordance with any agreements set up between player and state.
Meeting was adjourned at 9:00 pm