ODSL Club Representative Quarterly Meeting
Clubs in attendance: ALEX, ABGC, ARL, BRDW, CHAN, CULP, FCSC, GSC, LMVS, MCLN, MONU, NVSC, ODFC, SYC, STAF, TAFC, TASC, VIST, VBSC, VYS, VSA, WRTN, WIN
Clubs not present: ASC, BRYC, BAC, CYA, CCS, CUGI, DCST, EPIC, FPYC, FRED, ROCK, FASA, FSCI, FRSA, GRFL, HERN, LFC, LOUD, PAC, PWSI, REST, SYA, STER, WSC
Directors in attendance: Karen Klumpp (President), Wayne Gardella (Vice President), Lisa Wilson (Registrar), Tom Lewis (Girls Commissioner), Steve Kirk (Secretary), Dave Milne (Administrator)
Directors not present: Tom Lewis (Girls Commissioner), Greg Waldrip (Boys Commissioner)
Meeting called to order at 7:35.
Minutes from the last board meeting (12 May 2011) were presented. A motion was made to approve the minutes. Motion was seconded and minutes were approved.
- The VYSA Database is up and running for the next season. Lisa explained the order from League to Club to team on how the processes for rosters are completed.
- There are some changes to which clubs and who their registrar is. Lisa handed out a sheet with the new assignments. It has also been uploaded to the ODSL website.
- Lisa handed out a roster deadline sheet. Reminder about the $100 late fee if a team misses the deadline.
- Lisa is trying to schedule a new team roster training session again. Looking at possible date of July 9th. A new site needs to be found as Marshall High school is not available for the next four years.
- Player passes and envelopes are in the back and are available for club reps to pick up and distribute to their teams.
Treasurer: Dave presented the 2011-2012 Budget explaining line item by line item and what the expenses included. Discussion on possible fee increase and when the last time there was a fee increase. We currently are not having any issues financially, but we don’t want to be in a position where we have to make a drastic increase, we would rather increase in small increments. Currently we are trying to keep the fee’s the same. A motion was made to approve the budget. Motion was seconded and the budget was approved.
Boys Commissioner: Nothing new to report tonight.
Girls Commissioner: Nothing new to report tonight.
Secretary: Nothing new to report tonight.
- Application is up and available for teams to start applying for next season. Teams should use the link on their secured area so that they keep all their history and will be placed in the correct division.
- July 7th is the deadline to apply for the next season. If a team withdraws before this deadline, they will receive a full refund. If they withdraw after July 7th, there is a $75 penalty. July 14th is the deadline that clubs must have their checks postmarked to pay for their club team’s fees.
- Discussion on teams needing to make sure they properly plan ahead on their team schedules and make sure they put in their bye requests.
- Fee’s for the fall season has been posted on the ODSL Homepage website. The fee submittal sheet also has been uploaded to the website.
· Nothing new to report tonight.
· Discussion on when the fall club rep meeting needs to be held. Date was set for October 13th. Dave will check to see if room is available.
· Discussion on Winter League. This is still ongoing between board members and researching if it is possible. People who are interested in providing some input please contact Wayne.
· Discussion on U-15 division. It looks very promising that we will have at least one division, with a possible second division.
· Karen went over the rules and procedures on a reschedule game. Teams have 72 hours to reschedule it, if they cannot work it out, then the league will reschedule it and it is possible that neither team will like it. This is to make sure that the game is scheduled.
· Discussion on Club Pass Proposal. Limitations are: Motion was put forth for this with the below limitations. Motion was seconded. Motion Carried.
o 3 players per team U-9 thru U-14, and 5 players U15 and above
o Any USSF travel carded player
o Must be from the same club
o One team one ODSL game per day
o Age group qualified
o Not for the last two games of the season – This amendment Failed
· All team managers will need to be present for the Fall Season Team Meeting.
· Motion was put forth for election of Vice President: Wayne Gardella. Motion was seconded. Motion Carried.
· Motion was put forth for election of Secretary: Steven Kirk. Motion was seconded. Motion Carried.
· No nominations from the floor for Treasurer. Karen asked the membership to email her if they know of any who may be interested.
· Karen also asked the membership if they know anyone who may be interested in R & D Chair to email her.
· Tri-County Soccer Club is seeking membership. A motion was put forth and seconded. Motion Carried.
· Woodbridge Soccer Club is seeking membership. A motion was put forth and seconded. Motion Carried.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:50pm.