ODSL Executive Board Meeting
Officers in attendance: Karen Klumpp (President), Wayne Gardella (Vice President), Lisa Wilson (Registrar), Steven Kirk (Secretary), Dave Milne (Administrator), Tom Lewis (Girls Commissioner), Greg Waldrip (Boys Commissioner)
Others in Attendance: None
Meeting called to order at 7:42pm.
Minutes from 1 January 2011 Club Representatives meeting were presented. A motion was made to approve the minutes with changes to the new business PAC motion that passed. Motion was seconded and minutes were approved.
- Nothing additional to report.
- Discussion held about current email lists that registrars receive, the registrars would like notification of new teams only to ODSL after registration for spring season.
- Discussion held on Senaca Soccer Association in Montgomery County, MD who is seeking membership for the Fall 2011 season.
- Discussion held on BFC Strikers who are a single team seeking possible membership into the ODSL. Dave informed the team that their club needs to apply for membership.
- Will be setting up the division structure in approx. 1 week.
- Discussion on the 3 teams in the U-15 and above teams about asking them to split their teams into two small sided High School teams and playing in a 6 team division then. Both halves of the team would be home on the same weekend and would play back to back games.
- Nothing additional to report.
- Discussion held on looking at cost of High School 6 v 6 division play. Dave is going to look into possibility of cutting the fee to try to draw more teams.
- Dave has redone the Game day Scorecard, with the changes to Law 1. Will need to define in the operating procedures the “Technical Area” for the coaches.
- Dave is reviewing the new applications, and will be finishing these reviews and then will notify the commissioners so they can do the division structures.
- Discussion on “Ejection Rule”. Wayne is discussing with the other leagues in trying to come up with a universal definition.
- Discussion on need of TSL’s for the spring 2011 season. It was determined that due to the history of parents in our league; we would try this season without TSL’s.
- Discussion on who will be identified for the referee to talk to in the event of a parent who is unruly and is causing an issue that needs to be addressed and will be warned prior to coach being ejected. It was determined that the Coach will still be held responsible and is the person who the referee should talk to in this type of a scenario.
- Discussion on whether or not only carded officials and players are only allowed on the player/coach sideline. It was determined that “only carded officials will be allowed on the player/coach sideline” will be added to Law 1.
- Discussion on email sent to Karen about procedures for votes on rule changes. It was decided that an email will be sent out a month prior asking if there are any motions or things that clubs would like to be added to the agenda, and two weeks prior the agenda will be set and will be emailed. Motions need to be in the agenda to be voted on, if it is brought up in New Business at the meeting, then it can’t be voted on at the meeting till the next meeting.
- Discussion on Arlington who is seeking to use ODSL for a possible summer league.
- Discussion on buying a netbook under $500 for the secretary. It was decided that Steve would provide specs of a notebook to Dave who would purchase.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:35 pm.