Aug 2003 BOD Minutes

ODSL Monthly Meeting Minutes

August 14, 2003

 

Brought to Order 7:40 pm/Adjourned 8:35pm

 

Members in Attendance:

President Gary Brindle

Vice President Wilson Gilbert

Secretary Debbie Cervantes (Acting)

Treasurer Debbie Cervantes

Registrar Lisa Wilson

Girls Commissioner Bob Gray (Absent)

Boys Commissioner John Findlay

Administrator Dave Milne

 

Minutes of Prior Meeting:

Minutes from 12 July 2003 were read and approved.  Changes were made to the June Minutes regarding the incorporation of Jefferson County.  on the condition they become USYSA members.

 

REPORTS:

Treasurer:

The new account has been established.  This account will be used for the 2003/2004 season and forward. 

 

Administrator:

A draft run of the schedule has been run.  Approximately 1,300 games will be played.  With more teams and not more fields, games are being played on Saturdays and (as a last resort) on Sundays before noon.  The Referee Assignors will be given access to the schedule prior to the Fall Coaches Meeting so they can start preparing for referees.

 

The Randy Rawls Sportsmanship Award winners for the Spring 2003 season have been posted to the website.

 

In preparation for the Fall Coaches Meeting, we need to incorporate to the Operating Procedures the new $25 fee that will be assessed to any Home Team that did not report the score of their game, AND the ODSL Administrator rescheduled the game after the 72 hour period.

 

Registrar:

Fall Registration is going well.  All the Registrars got together and discussed any new State Mandates and other issues.

 

Vice President:

Nothing to report.

 

Boys Commissioner:

There are still trophies to be picked up.  These will be brought to the Fall Coaches Meeting.  If they are still remaining after the meeting, the trophies will be donated.

 

Need to make sure all Age Group Coordinator slots are filled.

 

Girls Commissioner:  (Absent; President Reporting)

Nothing to report.

 

Need to make sure all Age Group Coordinator slots are filled.

 

President:

The Board voted and approved $2,100 to be spent on the remaining 5 Pro-Excel sessions that were unused/unpaid during the Spring season.  The ODSL Vice President will coordinate with Pro-Excel on the scheduling.

 

OLD BUSINESS:

The difference in the By-Laws and the Registration manual has been worked out.

 

The Secretary position remains open.

 

NEW BUSINESS:

The agenda for the Fall Coaches Meeting was discussed.

-          New Teams 7pm

-          ODSL Organization (Gary)

-          Operating Procedures (Dave)

-          Coachs Meeting (w/returning teams) 8-9:15pm

-          Introductions (Gary)

-          ODSL Update (Gary)

-          Changes for the Fall and Procedures (Dave)

-          Guest Speakers

-          Registrar (Gary filling in for Lisa)

-          Sportsmanship Awards (Wilson, Bob, John)

-          Meeting with AGCs

 

Donations are needed for door prizes.

 

There are DC United tickets remaining.  These will be used for door prizes.  Three teams will get tickets.

 

Need to send more messages to the Freedom that their presence would be appreciated at the meeting.

 

Next Monthly Scheduled Board Meeting:

September 11, 2003 at 7:30 pm