ODSL Monthly Meeting Minutes
April 10, 2003
Brought to Order 8:00 pm/Adjourned 9:00 pm
ODSL Board Members:
President Gary Brindle
Vice President - Lou Von Kahle (Absent)
Secretary Debbie Cervantes
Treasurer Cheryl Brindle
Registrar Lisa Wilson
Girls Commissioner Bob Gray
Boys Commissioner John Findlay (Absent)
Administrator Dave Milne
ODSL Club Representatives In Attendance:
DCST, LYSA, SYC, STAF
Minutes of Prior Meeting:
- Minutes from 13 March 2003 were approved.
- Some budgets set for this current year have been exceeded. Need to re-evaluate at the next Board Meeting.
o Most exceeded budgets are due to new programs put into place (DC Fair Play, ProExcel, etc)
o 35 more teams than budgeted for.
- 511 players were added to the Treasurers Sheet.
- Reminded that DC Fair Play and the ProExcel Training were not free. This was paid for by ODSL.
- Handed out a Home Team Responsibilities for Rain-Outs sheet. (See attachment 1.) This sheet will be posted on the website.
- Handed out a Rescheduling Exceptions sheet.
- The website on Sunday evenings is being bogged down. Demosphere is changing the score program from real time to a page pull to alleviate some of the problem.
o Commissioners: Scores will not be automatically updated on the screen you input the scores on. This will now be done every 10-15 minutes.
Vice President: (Absent)
- Nothing to report.
Boys Commissioner: (Absent)
- Nothing to report.
- Delays in reporting of the scores Sunday evenings.
- U9s thought their scores would be posted.
o U9 scores are not used to determine placement for the following U10 season. The U10 Fall placement is North/South/East/West.
- The assistant registrar list was approved by the State.
- A request has been made from the Ashburn Soccer Club for a loan from ODSL to purchase sets of goals. This loan would be paid back to ODSL in 2 years.
o MOTION WAS MADE AND APPROVED TO LOAN ASHBURN SOCCER CLUB UP TO $3,200 FOR THE PURCHASE OF 1 LARGE AND 1 SMALL SET OF GOALS. THIS LOAN IS TO BE PAID IN FULL IN 2 YEARS.
- DC Fair Play
o 12 Teams are eligible for this award. There are 36 slots available.
- Player Development sessions for the Spring.
o The committee will be contacted and is to evaluate the program.
- ProExcel sites for remaining clinics
o Stafford will be looking into a possible change in time for their site to morning.
o Clark and Vienna have offered space.
o June 7th and 14th are still available.
- Roster size for U9 Program for Fall 2003
o MOTION WAS MADE AND APPROVED TO ROSTER U9S AT 12 PLAYERS WITH A MINIMUM OF 7 PLAYERS. ANY U10S (03/04) WILL BE ROSTERD AT 14 PLAYERS.
- Date for the Annual Meeting will be June 28th at 9am. Location is TBD.
- Nomination Committee for Annual Meeting
o The ODSL Registrar will be this committee.
o Positions will be for Vice-President, Treasurer, and Girls Commissioner.
- Recommended By-Law changes need to be directed to the Board by June 12th.
- Sportsmanship Awards Point System
o MOTION WAS MADE AND APPROVED TO SUBTRACT 1 POINT FOR EACH 5 PENALTY POINTS ASSESSED FOR THAT SEASON.
Next Monthly Scheduled Board Meeting:
May 8, 2003 at 7:30 pm
Home team responsibilities for rain-outs
If your club closes its fields you must:
- Contact your opponent immediately.
- Make sure that someone from your club has contacted the referee assignor.
You then have 72 hours to attempt to reschedule the match according to a schedule agreeable to you and the other coach. To do so, you should:
- Contact your field representative and see what your options are for available dates, fields, and time.
- Get agreement from the other coach.
- Notify your Age Group Coordinator and the League Administrator.
The League Administrator will change the schedule and website, and send an email notification to all team personnel involved as well as the referee assignor, when the change is official.
If you fail to get this accomplished in 72 hours, the League Administrator reserves the right to step in at anytime after that and reschedule the match as seen fit without your involvement.
Any teams that call the administrator and ask for a reschedule based upon anything other than a field closure, always hear the League policy first.
For those that object, the administrator will look at the conditions surrounding the reschedule request. It must meet several criteria.
- There must be at least 96 hours before the time of the scheduled match (4 days).
- Both teams must agree on rescheduling.
- Removing the original match must not create a referee problem.
- The teams must already have done the necessary work in finding a date, field and time that both coaches and the referee assignor agree on.